We develop a discrete adjoint version of OpenFOAM (currently based on OpenFOAM-3.0.x). It can be applied to topology optimization cases, but a wide range of other use-cases can also be tackled due to the flexibility of the discrete adjoint approach. The following features are available:
- Full first order adjoint of the whole OpenFOAM package
- Equidistant or Revolve Checkpointing
- Symbolically differentiated linear solvers
- Parallelization with adjoint-MPI – AMPI
- Tangent Linear and Finite Difference Implementations for verification
The source is available upon request. Please drop us a mail and we'll grant you access to the repository.
- 2013 A Discrete Adjoint Model for OpenFOAM Proceedings of ICCS 2013
- 2014 A Discrete Adjoint Version of an Unsteady Incompressible Solver for OpenFOAM using Algorithmic Differentiation Eccomas 2014
- 2015 MPI-Parallel Discrete Adjoint OpenFOAM Proceedings of ICCS 2015
- Introduction to Algorithmic Differentiation
- Advanced Topics in Algorithmic Differentiatio
- Introduction to Discrete Adjoint OpenFOAM
- Workshop Materials – available soon –
This offering is notapproved or endorsed by OpenCFD Limited, producer and distributorof the OpenFOAMsoftware and owner of the OPENFOAM® andOpenCFD® trade marks.